Smokemaster SM5 automatic smoke curtains prevent the movement of smoke and heat from one area to another in a fire by channelling or containing the smoke and heat. They conform to EN 12101-1 and have both a D120 and a DH 120 rating. Smokemaster SM5 smoke curtains are well suited to most industrial and commercial buildings as they are unobtrusive, moving to their active position only when needed.
- Certified performance - Smokemaster has been successfully tested and certified to EN 12101-1 in accredited third party test laboratories and is CE marked. The complete product has undergone the following tests in accordance with EN 12101-1. (i) 600⁰C for 120 minutes, thus the curtain achieves a D120 rating. (ii) 1049⁰C for 120 minutes, thus the curtain achieves a DH120 rating. The fabric has been tested to EN 13501-1.
- Configurations and sizes - Smokemaster is available either as a single unit, or as either a double horizontal or a double vertical unit for continuous runs, with overlapped fabric to form a continuous barrier. Overall curtain lengths are from 1500mm to an infinite length, and drops are available from 500mm to 15000mm.
- Drive types - With the G (Gravity) version smoke curtain, the curtain falls under gravity in a controlled manner to a predetermined level either on receipt of a signal or on loss of power. With the D (Drive) version smoke curtain, the curtain drives down in a controlled manner to a predetermined level on receipt of a signal. The smoke curtain can also be driven down to an intermediate position, for instance over an escalator, where it is held at that position for some time before descending further.
- Control system - Smokemaster can be made capable of operation as an integrated part of a smoke control and fire management scheme, with emergency power units and the facility to interface directly with a fire control panel. The system is fully protected and fail-safe to avoid the need for fire rated cabling, with a 30 minute time delay to maintain units in the raised position in the event of a temporary interruption to the power supply. If power is not returned, units will descend to the down / default position after a time lapse.
- Design service- Colt provides a pre-order design service. Please contact Colt for more information relating to the application, specification, installation or servicing of SM5 systems.
For further details, view the PDF
SMS international projects references: