Kameleon 5 is a natural casement ventilator for installation into the vertical for both day to day and smoke ventilation. Its form and function makes it particularly suited to naturally ventilated buildings where good aerodynamic and measured free area ventilation is required while achieving high acoustic, thermal and aerodynamic performance. Typical applications for facade ventilation are hospitals, schools, shopping centres, apartments and commercial buildings.
- High performance facade ventilation - Kameleon 5 has a high aerodynamic, acoustic and thermal performance, and has a high resistance to the effects of fire. See the specification for further details.
- Proven performance – All versions of Kameleon 5 have been exhaustively tested and certified to EN 12101-2: 2003 as dual purpose ventilators in accredited third party test laboratories and are CE marked. The ventilator is CE marked according to EN 14351-1 which guarantees its performance as a window.
- High performance in fire - One of the architect’s main design considerations is to make sure that any smoke emitted by a fire is evacuated from the building in a controlled fashion. Special arrangements need to be considered, in particular for escape routes such as in stairwells. Kameleon 5 is very suitable for protecting escape routes, since it has high aerodynamic efficiency, opens quickly, and has a large opening.
- Easy to install - Kameleon 5 is delivered fully assembled to site for installation into a structural opening or curtain walling. It must be installed in the vertical.
- Durable facade ventilation – The frame is manufactured from tough, corrosion resistant aluminium alloy, with stainless steel fixings.
- Quality of manufacture - Kameleon 5 is manufactured under the ISO 9000 quality standard. Each unit is given a functional test before despatch.
- Aesthetic design – Kameleon 5 uses a narrow framework. Electric actuators or pneumatic cylinders can be hidden within the frame and are anyway small in size.
- Design service- Colt provides a pre-order design service. Please contact Colt for more information relating to the application, specification, installation or servicing of Kameleon systems.
For further details, view the PDF